Friday, August 29, 2014

Uber From Makati to Paranaque for P161.60!

...thanks to Uber Manila's now offering, the uberX!


Yesterday, I received an email from Uber, inviting me to use a new class of cars that they dubbed as uberX, at a discount. What is uberX? According to the email:
UberX is a low-cost Uber option that combines the same great Uberquality and reliability you know and love with lower prices than ever before. Vehicles on uberX are compact cars – think Accent and Vios – in a variety of colors.
I really don't mind getting in a compact car and paying a more affordable rate. Uber also mentioned that for this pilot-test, a 20% discount will be given to riders. So last night, when I needed to go home, I opened my app and chose to try it.


It was 12:12AM and I got one easily. The email did mention Accent and Vios but I got an Innova. What I've noticed in the interface is that uberX cars are white on the map. This is most likely to make sure that riders don't get confused on the type of class that they have chosen. Initially, I thought that maybe, uberX may have taxi marks on the car but I was pleasantly mistaken. It actually didn't feel different from the UberBlack cars. After getting off, I was greeted by a very affordable fare:


Logged in to Uber.com to view the breakdown. According to the site, I travaled 17.82 kilometers for 30 minutes and 28 seconds. This was the actual computation:


I still get the usual rounding down of cents and as promised, I get the discount. It was like getting the base fare for free. I gave Joselito a 5-star rating and as for Uber, it remains to be my preferred way to get around!
Want to try Uber? Sign up and get P300 credits for your first ride: https://www.uber.com/invite/uberFreeRideManila

1 comment:

  1. Uber is an app makes getting around the city so much easier by seamlessly connecting riders (that’s us!) to private cars and drivers.

    ReplyDelete