Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fantasy Milkshakes at Great Prices

As I kid, I loved milkshakes. A chocolate one would always be part of my order in restaurants that have them. But when you become more aware of milkshake prices, having the bottomless drink options or simply getting water in restaurants would become alright. So that got out of my system and I ordered buck load-of-calories-in-a-glass lesser and less, just curious with unique flavors. Then, I discovered Once Upon A Milkshake.

I first saw of Once Upon a Milkshake online. I've seen comments like "...the thickest ever!" on my timeline for a while and it was almost accidental for me to chance upon it at SM City BF Homes Paranaque. I was there early and was waiting for someone when I approached the store outside the Supermarket. Hearing that it was from Singapore made me ready my wallet for about P200 worth of damage. I, then, was pleasantly shocked to see that I could get a regular one for P115. Ignorant at that time about how thick it is, I ordered a regular Coconut Caramel. When I got my drink and tried sipping, it was so thick that sucking my cheeks in.


Initially, I found the drink names tacky. There were flavors like Baa-Baa-Nana, Mangonista, Agent Red Velvet, Babelicious Bailey's, and Nutty Peanut Butler. It was tacky until my brain lagged and could not figure out what Tiara-Miss-U was. I literally did a face palm when I figured out.


Curious with why something imported could be this affordable, I went to their company website. It was there that I realized that I actually did get the owner's dream: to have a store that "provides premium milkshakes at non-premium prices." It's so effective to me as a fan of the shop that I was the first in the branch to claim a free shake and a jar via Pouch, according to their friendly and efficient staff.




Definitely, I'll be back and try the other flavors. Here's a parting tip: If you miss Coney Island's Bubblegum ice cream. Get the Bubblegum Balloon!

No comments:

Post a Comment