Friday, November 29, 2013

Skip Long Taxi Lines With GrabTaxi and Globe!

After watching a movie last night at Glorietta, I was set to head home via a shuttle. Lines were long and slow-moving. Seeing a friend also in line made it more bearable but it was still a hassle to wait. My patience was running low when I thought of using an app that was the best way to get out of it, GrabTaxi. In a matter of minutes, I was able to get a ride home. I called Joseph to confirm my location and we were off to the South just a few more minutes after. 


GrabTaxi is a taxi booking service that I first used last September 28 on a rainy night where the nearest taxi line had at least 15 people waiting. Since then, I have used it for four more times, including my trip last night. My travels were as short as 4 kilometers and as far as 24 kilometers and each time was convenient, and more importantly, safe.

After entering your pick-up location and your destination, GrabTaxi's system sends your request to taxis nearby. You see the process on your device as each driver is sent a message and the first one who agrees to your booking is shown. The plate number, name, contact number, and even a picture of your driver is sent to you upon successful booking. Estimates of the taxis arrival are given and you are notified if the driver is already there.

I have initially used this with my iPad during my first few trips but using in on a smartphone would make it more convenient when you need to contact your driver.

Being from the South, this is great as most drivers do not accept passengers from my location. Either that or they ask for an additional fee. GrabTaxi does have a fee of P70 but that cost is much better than an unsafe driver. Currently, Globe subscribers have a discount of P20, lowering the price to P50. There is better news still. Starting December 1, Globe subscribers get the privilege of having a waived service fee of P70! This would go until December 15. 


Grab Taxi's booking fee of P70 is free for Globe subscribers from December 1-15, 2013.
 

Just saw their site and it's available on Android, iOS, and even Windows Phone. It definitely is a wonderful Christmas time thanks to Globe and GrabTaxi!

No comments:

Post a Comment